Online training from Safe-Assure!

Food hygiene certificate and related courses

Online Food Safety training courses for every level

Train for your food hygiene certificate
Click to play
Supervision food hygiene certificate
Click to play

Food hygiene certificates

Eleven food safety related courses to choose from!

Nutrition in food hygiene certificate

– All Level 1 courses (3)

£15 + VAT

+ Nutrition and Hydration

All Level 2 courses (3)

£20/£25 + VAT

– Introduction to HACCP Level 2

Achieving Food Hygiene Level 5

+ Licensed Premises Staff Training

+ Allergen Awareness Training

£35 + VAT


Supervising Food Safety Level 3

£125 + VAT


Food Hygiene Training FAQ

1. How do you get a food hygiene certificate?

Training online is a good way to obtain a food hygiene certificate. By purchasing and completing the food hygiene online training course relevant to your occupation, and passing the test questions it you will be able to download your certificate. Our tutor-led food safety training courses are very engaging, informative and achieve a high standard of presentation – you’ll love the experience, but be prepared to take this seriously – the instruction is excellent but don’t expect a walkover!

2. How long is a food hygiene certificate valid for?

As with many kinds of training in industry there is no set-in-stone period after which food safety training should be taken again. The employer is responsible to carry out a risk assessment for the safety of his enterprise and should determine the organisation’s policy on training requirements in line with the level of risk at the premises. However, the Food Standards Agency advises that people involved in food handling should refresh their knowledge every 3 years so that they keep up to date with new developments in the industry. Refreshing your food safety training online with Safe-Assure is the ideal way to do this.

3. Do I need to take Training Level 1 before taking the other courses?

Our food hygiene certificate courses don’t have to be taken in any particular order but the level of each course correlates with the depth of knowledge provided, which should be at least sufficient for the type of work the candidate is involved with. Those involved with food preparation, raw meats and date-limited ingredients for example, need a higher level of training than those who may only have to serve pre-cooked and prepacked food at a counter.

4. Are your courses accredited?

Each of our courses has been approved by CPD and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.

5. Do I need a food hygiene certificate in order to sell food from home?

When you start a new food business, or take over an existing food business, you will need to register with your local authority. You should do this at least 28 days before opening. Registration of your food business is free and can’t be refused. Registration is simple and will take a matter of minutes. If you are already trading and have not registered, you need to do so as soon as possible.

Food law requires the registration of activities where food is supplied on a regular and organised basis. This is required whether food is given away free or sold. While you may not define yourself as a business, if you are providing food on a regular and organised basis, you are a food business under food law.  The Food Standards Authority exists to regulate these matters.